Effective writing is a powerful tool for business professionals. Learn how to write in plain English for better results.
Effective written communication is vital for success in business. This virtual course will show you how to create clear, purposeful documents that connect with your readers.
If you want to communicate for greater clarity and impact in a variety of formats, including technical documents, tenders, reports, specifications, and correspondence, this is the course for you.
Through discussion and revising writing samples, participants will explore how to create purposeful documents that engage with their readers for excellent results.
Participants are requested to have on hand a written sample of their writing to the presentation for self-editing and analysis. The course is designed to give participants valuable experience revising business documents.
This course is designed to help you:
- Explore how to plan and prepare your writing
- Select and use appropriate wording for your readers
- Practice writing in plain English to create clear and concise copy
- Identify common errors in writing to avoid pitfalls
- Apply proper grammar and punctuation rules for professional copy
- Explore ways to improve your business writing in a variety of formats, including tenders, reports, specifications, file notes, emails, and letters
- Structure your writing for clarity
- Edit and proofread your own documents to gain valuable experience in revision
This course is designed for all business professionals, administrators and managers at any level wishing to write with ease and efficiency. The course will focus on how to write in plain English for greater clarity.
This course is a virtual and live 4.5 hour course. Concepts of effective writing are explained, then applied through case studies and discussions. Real-time interactions such as group activities, polls and Q&As will allow you to connect and ask questions throughout the course. Participants will be given time to self-edit their writing sample and may submit an excerpt for the presenter to review.
As director of KiwiBoss, employment lawyer Julia Shallcrass develops leaders and professionals to improve their workplace productivity through time management training. Julia is a practical and engaging presenter with expertise in training professionals to create high-performing workplaces. She presents regularly on workplace productivity, employment law, and business communication. Julia is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
4.5 hours CPD
Time and Date: 9:30am – 2pm 19 October 2022
Cost: $470 including GST