About the company
Based in Timaru, Tasman Tanning South Island Limited (TTSI) is part of the larger Tasman Tanning Group and is the leading processor – both in terms of quality and quantity – of bovine hides in the South Island. With a history steeped in operational excellence and product quality, TTSI provides a vital service to the primary industry, transforming an important and valuable co-product from red meat processing into the foundations of the finest quality leather.
An exciting business growth prospect and a change in the role of General Manager means that we are now looking for a talented leader to step into this unique position. Are you ready to use your deep operational, people leadership and commercial capability as the General Manager for TTSI?
About the opportunity
Reporting to the TTSI Board, the General Manager takes overall accountability for the performance of TTSI, ensuring the safe, quality and profitable contract processing of hides through the facility. In doing this, the General Manager will, amongst other things:
- Lead an experienced and hardworking team of technical and operational leaders, ensuring clarity of expectations and guidance to enable achievement of objectives.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality and sustainability across the organisation, creating an environment which values these as critical components of organisational success.
- Champion operational excellence, driving process efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring the highest quality product and strong commercial performance.
- Proactively develop and nurture key customer and prospective customer relationships, ensuring opportunities to increase hide volumes are created, hide-supply is optimised and any challenges are dealt with effectively.
- Support the Board with the development of strategy and vision and lead the execution of these, ensuring objectives are met.
This is the principal executive role within TTSI and we need a talented, experienced and agile leader ready to take on this exciting challenge. Is this you?
To be successful as the General Manager you will have developed your deep operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally within a contract processing context in food or textiles. You have led operational process improvement resulting in strong commercial outcomes and you understand how to drive efficiency without compromising quality, safety or the environment.
Although operations management is your core strength, you are comfortable looking to the future, considering opportunities and developing strategies that achieve overall organisational objectives. A capable leader of teams and process, people will describe you as forward thinking, engaging across all levels within an organisation and not afraid to change or challenge the status quo. Your “sweet spot” is leading operational excellence, encompassing safety, quality and sustainability with a keen eye on commercial performance.
By securing this role as General Manager, you will have the opportunity not only to drive the organisation to further success but to drive your own career forward within the wider group. Keen?
How to apply
To discover more about Tasman Tanning South Island and the Tasman Tanning Group, visit www.tastan.co.nz
For a confidential discussion about the role; contact Kerry Ellis on 021 088 67475.
Applications close: Monday 6th March 2024.