Back to search
Permanent / Full Time
Invercargill City Council
Manager Engineering Services
- Looking to develop your infrastructural Engineering experience?
- A perfect next role for a Civil Engineer with a strong design background.
- A project, team and technical leadership role within local government.
About the company
The Invercargill City Council is a progressive and committed organization focused on enhancing positive growth and community development opportunities across the region. With a vision of “Our city with Heart/He Ngakau Aroha’, the Council aims to create an exciting, innovative, and welcoming city that offers a lifestyle based on a positive environment and a diverse, growing economy. With numerous strategic projects and community initiatives in the pipeline, the Council seeks to continue enhancing the wellbeing of the region and its population. About the opportunity
As the Manager of Engineering Services, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Engineering Services team, overseeing in-house engineering design services, and ensuring the successful delivery of infrastructure projects, with a primary focus on 3 waters infrastructure. Reporting to the Group Manager - Infrastructure, you will play a key role in shaping their direction, maintaining stakeholder relationships, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Core accountabilities will include:
- Leading, managing and coaching Council’s in house design team for 3 Waters and minor roading designs.
- Managing projects from implementation to delivery to ensure timely and cost-effective outcomes.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational activities for the Engineering Services Division.
- Oversee all aspects of contract management within your division.
- Manage all aspects of health and safety, quality, and compliance.
- Preparation of reporting for the Council and associated Committees.
To be a success you will bring a relevant qualification in Engineering and previous leadership experience. Your expertise in design for 3 waters infrastructure will ensure your capability for strong technical leadership. With excellent communication and presentation skills your ability to guide and inform will be complemented by your relationship building skills. Strong negotiation and decision-making attributes will enable you to best represent the Council within contract management. A progressive mindset, keenness to develop the next generation of Engineers, strong IT is also highly regarded. How to apply
For more about Invercargill City Council visit https://icc.govt.nz/
For a confidential discussion about the role; contact Lisa Edwards on 021 240 4410We encourage you to submit your application promptly, as applications will be processed on a rolling basis. To ensure your opportunity for consideration, please apply as soon as possible.